Tuesday, March 1, 2016

443. Armed Forces

Armed Forces
Elvis Costello And The Attractions
1979














Tracks
1. Accidents Will Happen
2. Senior Service
3. Oliver's Army
4. Big Boys
5. Green Shirt
6. Party Girl
7. Goon Squad
8. Busy Bodies
9. Sunday's Best
10. Moods For Moderns
11. Chemistry Class
12. Two Little Hitlers


Man, did I need this after The Slits.  Who knew a song called "Two Little Hitlers" would make me so happy?

I think everyone can agree that his songs are damn catchy.  Costello has a unique voice that sounds rougher than most pop artists'.  I suppose this album would be categorized as art punk or new wave, but a few of these songs sounded very infectious and poppy ("Green Shirt" comes to mind). My personal favorite was "Accidents Will Happen."  Or maybe "Oliver's Army."  Really, you can't go wrong with any of these tracks.

I believe this is the third Costello album on the List and it is fascinating watching him improve each time as most artists tend to plateau.

Neil Young tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen.  It's been awhile.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Great album! Thanks again to make me appreciate Costello! :)

    ReplyDelete