Tuesday, March 15, 2016

452. The Pleasure Principle

The Pleasure Principle
Gary Numan
1979













Tracks
1. Airlane 
2. Metal 
3. Complex 
4. Films 
5. M.E.
6. Tracks
7. Observer
8. Conversation 
9. Cars 
10. Engineers


Wow, the last few albums have been decidedly lackluster.  I hope we are not spiraling into a suck streak.  Tomorrow's album is The Specials...with any luck, it will be special.  HA!  It's my humor and wit that keeps my readers hooked.

I have come to realize that most of the albums on this List are extremely pretentious, so I should stop rolling my eyes and try to work with the music instead.  Still, I struggled with this one.  I felt like I was listening to a guy in his basement playing with his keyboard.  I expect some of the lyrics were supposed to be haunting, but none really stood out to me.  "Films" in particular was obnoxious.

Decidedly not my thing.  Hopefully, either the albums will get better from here or I will get more patient.

RATING: 2/5

3 comments:

  1. This is a terrible review. You are not expanding your musical horizons by any stretch of the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Amanda probably would appreciate better if you filled her with your opinion on the album instead of engaging in unwarranted personal attacks. It would be a nice thing to do since she has made the effort of hearing it and shared her opinion with us. I have done the former too so I will give you mine.

    I have heard a lot of electronic music to know that this one has anything original or special. Most of the songs are repetitive and flat. It may have some isolated good points but overall is mostly tiresome.

    ReplyDelete