Saturday, March 5, 2016

446. Cheap Trick At Budokan

Cheap Trick At Budokan
Cheap Trick
1979













Tracks
1. Hello There
2. Come on, Come On
3. Lookout
4. Big Eyes
5. Need Your Love
6. Ain't That a Shame
7. I Want You to Want Me
8. Surrender
9. Goodnight
10. Clock Strikes Ten


I really don't like live albums.  I think the benefit of listening to an album at home should be that you don't have to hear the crowd cheering.  That's my curmudgeon thought of the day. Actually, I ended up enjoying this, so maybe I have to amend my cranky stance.

I am sure most people are familiar with the song "I Want You To Want Me," although I didn't realize that it was Cheap Trick until I heard this album.  To me it was just one of those songs that played at eighties dances.  It is definitely one of the best songs on the album, with "Surrender" and "Ain't That a Shame" competing for second.

It was just fun; they weren't necessarily doing anything innovative but they did come up with some catchy songs.  With all the exhausting, avant garde albums on the List, this kind of thing can be quite refreshing.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment