Tuesday, March 8, 2016

447. Tusk

Tusk
Fleetwood Mac
1979














Tracks
1. Over & Over 
2. The Ledge 
3. Think About Me 
4. Save Me A Place
5. Sara 
6. What Makes You Think You’re The One 
7. Storms 
8. That’s All For Everyone 
9. Not That Funny 
10. Sisters Of The Moon 
11. Angel 
12. That’s Enough For Me 
13. Brown Eyes Never Make Me Cry 
14. I Know I’m Not Wrong
15. Honey Hi 
16. Beautiful Child
17. Walk A Thin Line 
18. Tusk 
19. Never Forget


Everybody's biggest complaint about Rumours seems to be that it is overplayed.  No one can really say that about Tusk; in fact, I was only familiar with a few of these songs.  So find something else to complain about, nerds!  I am sure you will.

I was quite nervous for Fleetwood Mac before I listened to this album (because, obviously, if I didn't like it they would be quite upset).  It is an hour and fifteen minutes long.  I was unsure if the band could fill that time without sounding like they were stalling.  Thankfully, not one track sounded like filler.  All of the songs were beautiful; it just doesn't get better than Stevie Nicks.

It's hard to pick the best tracks off this album, but I would probably go with "Angel" or "Beautiful Child" (because you asked).  It's strange that more people don't know about this album, as it is just as good as Rumours.

RATING: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! This has been a fantastic discovery. Many songs are really sweet. I would just add "Sisters of the Moon". It's rather mysterious and enticing and leaves you an uneasy feeling.

    ReplyDelete