Tuesday, August 23, 2011

27. Date with the Everly Brothers

Date with the Everly Brothers
The Everly Brothers
1960

Amanda: This album was about as different as you can get from the last one but that wasn't a bad thing.  This music was kind of the Backstreet Boys of the sixties because it mainly appealed to a young female audience.  This is pretty important because this was just when Elvis had made his comeback so they had tough competition.  I really liked this album.  It was fun and catchy.  It is also kind of lame, but you could probably get away with it because it is so old.  I think I am going through a teen angst phase;  I liked this album and I watched The Breakfast Club for the umpteenth time yesterday.  Next thing you know I will be obsessed with vampires.

RATING:

Brie: Are the Backstreet Boys your boy band of choice? You cannot watch The Breakfast Club too many times. It is impossible. Do not turn to vampires! I had a bat in my house today, and I suspect it was a vampire bat. This is going to be one of those guilty pleasure albums for me. It doesn't really make us cooler to like this... but are we really doing this blog to gain popularity? I am kidding. Overall, really catchy and cute.

RATING:

1 comment:

  1. I like their sound. The close vocal harmonies are great. And it seems they found some very good musicians to play with them, though I don't know who they are. The songwriting is hit and miss. I find the better songs here are from songwriters other than the Everlys and Bryants (their usual songwriters).
    Standout track: "Stick With Me Baby"

    ReplyDelete