Monday, July 27, 2020

701. Spiderland

Spiderland
Slint
1991














Tracks
1. Breadcrumb Trail
2. Nosferatu Man
3. Don Aman
4. Washer
5. For Dinner...
6. Good Morning Captain

300 albums to go! This was a strange entry and really like nothing I had ever heard before.

I wasn't familiar with the genre math rock, but I will definitely need to explore it more after listening to this. I particularly enjoyed the song "Don Aman" which some have interpreted as a track about an autistic person. I think it perfectly captures the feeling of isolation mental illness can cause. This would still be a relevant track even if we weren't in the scary times.

It was also a surprisingly short album, which I think worked in its favor. Always leave them wanting more. Other entries on this List should take notes.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment