Thursday, July 2, 2020

675. Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1

Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1
George Michael
1990















Tracks
1. Praying for Time
2. Freedom
3. They Won't Go When I Go
4. Something to Save
5. Cowboys & Angels
6. Waiting for That Day/You Can't Always Get What You Want
7. Mother's Pride
8. Heal the Pain
9. Soul Free
10. Waiting (Reprise)


I think we all weren't taking George Michael seriously enough for his liking, so he reacted with this album. Consequently, it is a little bit cringey as he strives to be seen as a respectable artist. Still, there are some good tracks hidden here as well. 

"Praying for Time" and "They Won't Go When I Go" were both stand out tracks, and "Freedom" was impressive as well. The second half of the album really dragged, making me miss Wham era George Michael.

So another fair to middling album, hoping for another entry that will knock my socks off soon. 


RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment