Monday, July 13, 2020

686. Nevermind

Nevermind
Nirvana
1991














Tracks
1. Smells Like Teen Spirit
2. In Bloom
3. Come As You Are
4. Breed
5. Lithium
6. Polly
7. Territorial Pissings
8. Drain You
9. Lounge Act
10. Stay Away
11. On A Plain
12. Something In The Way


It's 1991, and we are kicking the year off with one of the most famous albums of all time. Or, at least, one of the most famous album covers of all time. I guess this is the album that propelled alternative rock to mainstream, which I am sure causes resentment among many punk rock fans, because once something is popular, a lot of hardcore music fans lose interest. You can't like something everybody else likes, because that means you are one of the sheeple. 

But I am totally one of the sheeple, and I enjoyed this quite a bit. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is of course instantly recognizable and is a solid track, but I think I enjoyed "In Bloom" and "Lithium" the most. 

A great introduction to the new year, particularly since this had such a profound impact on music for the rest of the decade.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment