Friday, July 17, 2020

690. Step in the Arena

Step in the Arena
Gang Starr
1991














Tracks
1. Name Tag (Premier And The Guru)
2. Step In The Arena
3. Form Of Intellect
4. Execution Of A Chump No More Mr Nice Guy
5. Who's Gonna Take The Weight
6. Beyond Comprehension
7. Check The Technique
8. Lovesick
9. Here Today Gone Tomorrow
10. Game Plan
11. Take A Rest
12. What You Want This Time
13. Street Ministry
14. Just To Get A Rep
15. Say Your Prayers

16. As I Read My S A
17. Precisely The Right Rhymes
18. Meaning Of The Name


I know I have been bitching about hip hop a lot lately, but I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. It was much quieter than I was expecting. As a rule, I am much more interested in hearing what you have to say if you say it softly, and aren't, say, simply shouting profanities.

It's still wasn't particular memorable, even though I did enjoy their use of sampling. It was jazzier than previous hip hop albums on this List, but it wasn't as cheerful or distinct as De La Soul. 

Next up, we have French hip hop. Who knows, maybe that's the thing I've been missing in my life. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment