Wednesday, July 22, 2020

695. Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge
Mudhoney
1991














Tracks
1. Generation Genocide
2. Let It Slide
3. Good Enough
4. Something So Clear
5. Thorn
6. Into The Drink
7. Broken Hands
8. Who You Drivin' Now
9. Move Out
10. Shoot The Moon
11. Fuzzgun 91
12. Pokin' Around

13. Don't Fade IV
14. Check Out Time


This is more along the lines of what I thought early 90s music would be: pure grunge, and I actually really enjoyed it. It sounds very rough and unpolished, but I greatly prefer that to the overproduction of modern music.

Did anybody else get serious Neil Young vibes from this album? I like it when bands pull influences outside of their chosen genre. I guess there was a heavy Stooges influence as well.

So a great improvement from their previous EP on the list, Superfuzz Bigmuff. I actually get the title this time, though I learned it as Every Good Boy Does Fine. I guess deserving fudge is now considered too "blue."

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment