Friday, July 24, 2020

697. Low End Theory

Low End Theory
A Tribe Called Quest
1991














Tracks
1. Excursions
2. Buggin' Out
3. Rap Promoter
4. Butter
5. Verses From The Abstract
6. Showbusiness
7. Vibes And Stuff
8. Infamous Date Rape
9. Check The Rhyme
10. Everything Is Fair
11. Jazz (We've Got)
12. Sky Pager
13. What
14. Scenario


Women who "try to cry out rape." Oh give me a break already...

Nausea inducing lyrics aside, this was actually a pretty good album, with a great vibe. There isn't the anger of West Coast rap, and I enjoyed the chilled out, jazzier style a lot more. 


I think we are finally getting a break from hip hop for awhile, so maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder. Although I should mention my experience has always been the opposite.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment