Wednesday, July 8, 2020

681. I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got

I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got
Sinead O'Connor
1990














Tracks
1. Feels So Different
2. I Am Stretched On Your Grave
3. Three Babies
4. Emperor's New Clothes
5. Black Boys On Mopeds
6. Nothing Compares 2 U
7. Jump In The River
8. You Cause As Much Sorrow
9. Last Day Of Our Acquaintance
10. I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got


I have been hoping/begging/complaining/bitching for a non hip hop/gangsta rap album and it seems my pleas were answered. This is very different than anything I've heard before, and was a refreshing change of pace. I had forgotten we could get through an album without using the words "bitches" or "fairies."

This was an unusual album. I felt like each song grew and developed so much, that the beginning of a track was completely different than the ending, but the experience still felt whole and cohesive. 

I also loved the vocals. Thank you, Sinead, this was gravely needed.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment