Thursday, July 16, 2020

689. Peggy Suicide

Peggy Suicide
Julian Cope
1991














Tracks
1. Pristeen
2. Double Vegetation
3. East Easy Rider
4. Promised Land
5. Hanging Out And Hung Up On The Line
6. Safesurfer
7. If You Loved Me At All
8. Drive, She Said
9. Soldier Blue
10. You...
11. Not Raving But Drowning
12. Head
13. Leperskin
14. Beautiful Love
15. Western Front 1992 C.E.
16. Hung Up And Hanging Out To Dry
17. The American Lite
18. Las Vegas Basement


I initially rolled my eyes at the album at the 75 minute length of this album (it's pure reflex at this point; I would control it if I could). But I actually enjoyed this immensely and was quite disappointed when it ended.

It's rare to listen to an artist who has such a distinct sound, it was almost like he was his own genre. Cope pulls in a variety of styles, but still manages to make a cohesive album. We have certainly seen many attempt it on this blog, and few are as successful as Cope.

So a pleasant surprise and I hope to see him featured on the List more. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment