Monday, July 6, 2020

677. AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
Ice Cube
1990














Tracks
1. Better Off Dead
2. Nigga Ya Love To Hate
3. Amerikkka's Most Wanted
4. What They Hittin Foe
5. You Can't Fade Me
6. Once Upon A Time In The Projects
7. Turn Off The Radio
8. Endangered Species
9. Gangsta's Fairytale
10. I'm Only Out For One Thang
11. Get Off My Dick And Tell Yo Bitch To Come Here
12. Drive By
13. Rollin' Wit' Tha Lench Mob
14. Who's The Mack
15. It's A Man's Man's Man's World
16. Bomb


I am a bit behind in writing about these albums, even though I just finished listening to 679. This is because I am finding this recent trend of hip hop albums very taxing, with the constant barrage of misogyny, homophobia, and/or anti semitism. I have really tried to approach each album with understanding about where these artists are coming from, but it is wearing being degraded everyday, as any person in a marginalized community knows.

So yeah, I don't want to listen to an album where someone gleefully raps about kicking a pregnant woman. I thought it was disgusting. I think it is really sad and scary that this is celebrated or tolerated in any way. 

RATING: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment