Friday, July 3, 2020

676. Ragged Glory

Ragged Glory
Neil Young and the Crazy Horse
1990














Tracks
1. Country Home
2. White Line
3. Fuckin' Up
4. Over And Over
5. Love To Burn
6. Farmer John
7. Mansion On The Hill
8. Days That Used To Be
9. Love And Only Love
10. Mother Earth (Natural Anthem)


"Past their prime" is such a mean phrase, and I am not saying it applies here, but I certainly didn't expect to see a Neil Young album show up in 1990. I am glad it did, though, even if it was not quite as impressive as his previous work.

This was fairly unpolished, and I got the feeling he was trying to develop more of an edge than he had previously. I particularly enjoyed "Over and Over" and "Love to Burn." 

So maybe not as offbeat or edgy as he was going for, but still an enjoyable album. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment