Sunday, June 21, 2020

664. Heaven or Las Vegas

Heaven or Las Vegas
Cocteau Twins
1990















Tracks
1. Cherry Coloured Funk
2. Pitch the Baby
3. Iceblink Luck
4. Fifty Fifty Clown
5. Heaven or Las Vegas
6. I Wear Your Ring
7. Fotzepolitic
8. Wolf in the Breast
9. River Road and Rail
10. Frou Frou Foxes in the Midsummer Fires


Welcome to the 90s! I anticipate an improvement in quality of albums starting now. I'm not entirely sure why I feel this way, and it's entirely possible that some boy bands might join forces with a country metal group to prove me wrong. I'm going to remain optimistic, though.

So our induction into this decade is the Cocteau Twins, and I've never gelled with this group very well. They are a little too ethereal for my tastes, and I have a hard time grasping it. But it's different, and doesn't overstay its welcome.

This album doesn't exactly scream the 90s, but it's still a decent start to the decade.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment