Sunday, June 7, 2020

649. Djam Leelii

Djam Leelii
Baaba Maal and Mansour Seck
1989














Tracks
1. Lam Tooro
2. Loodo
3. Muudo Hormo
4. Salminanam
5. Maacina Tooro
6. Djam Leelii
7. Bibbe Leydy
8. Sehilam
9. Kettodee


As I was jamming along to this album, it occurred to me that I have absolutely no idea what they are saying, and they could very well be saying terribly offensive things as I am proclaiming how much I love this. 

But I suppose music transcends language, so I don't think it is too important that I don't understand the lyrics. Instead, I was just swept along for the ride and was able to enjoy every second of it.

I like hearing from other countries, considering how anglocentric this List is. A fun break from some of the more overproduced albums on the List.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment: