Saturday, June 13, 2020

656. Doolittle

Doolittle
The Pixies
1989
















Tracks
1. Debaser
2. Tame
3. Wave Of Mutilation
4. I Bleed
5. Here Comes Your Man
6. Dead
7. Monkey Gone To Heaven
8. Mr Grieves
9. Crackity Jones
10. La La Love You
11. No. 13 Baby
12. There Goes My Gun
13. Hey
14. Silver
15. Gouge Away


Well, I prayed and made my offerings to the 1001 Gods that something would arrive to end our rut of so-so albums. Thankfully, my pleas were answered although a quick scan of the upcoming entries makes me think this is a very temporary respite. 

As with Surfer Rosa, the Pixies once again deliver something that sounds like a throwback in some ways, but is also remarkably fresh and timeless. I don't really feel like they've evolved much from their previous album, but that's okay, they are still producing quality music.

A solid, and welcome entry on the List.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment