Sunday, June 14, 2020

657. Nick of Time

Nick of Time
Bonnie Raitt
1989















Tracks
1. Nick Of Time
2. Thing Called Love
3. Love Letters
4. Cry On My Shoulder
5. Real Man
6. Nobody's Girl
7. Have A Heart
8. Too Soon To Tell
9. I Will Not Be Denied
10. I Ain't Gonna Let You Break My Heart Again
11. Road's My Middle Name


Well, we are back to country and apparently women can't sing country unless they have the requisite large hairdo (that's where they keep their talent!). This isn't my favorite genre and I found it a bit of chore to get through.

So this album touches on familiar themes, e.g. musing about the kind of man you want and why the previous man isn't up to snuff. I still don't really understand what a "Real Man" is based on the song. According to Bonnie, a real man is somebody that doesn't buy you things. There are plenty of those around, girl, you must not be looking very hard.

That being said, there were a few catchy songs in there and she's a great vocalist. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment