Saturday, June 20, 2020

663. Straight Outta Compton

Straight Outta Compton
N.W.A.
1989

















Tracks
1. Straight Outta Compton
2. Fuck Tha Police
3. Gangsta Gangsta
4. If It Ain't Ruff
5. Parental Discretion Iz Advised
6. 8 Ball
7. Something Like That
8. Express Yourself
9. Compton's N The House
10. I Ain't Tha 1
11. Dopeman
12. Quiet On Tha Set
13. Something 2 Dance 2


The movie Straight Outta Compton is on the 1001 movie list, and I think will be the next entry I tackle. That, ladies and gents, is synergy for you. 

So this is the kind of music my mother would have forbidden my brother to listen to when we were younger. I guess we are officially in the phase of rap where women are all "bitches" and the rappers are susceptible to fits of testosterone. Fortunately, there were some good tracks in there that contained more meaningful messages; Fuck Tha Police really says it all, doesn't it?

And with that, we are officially done with the 80s. Praise Farore.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment