Saturday, June 20, 2020

662. Done By The Forces of Nature

Done By The Forces of Nature
Jungle Brothers
1989














Tracks
1. Beyond This World
2. Feeling Alright
3. Sunshine
4. What U Waitin' 4
5. U Make Me Sweat
6. Acknowledge Your Own History
7. Belly Dancin' Dina
8. Good Newz Comin'
9. Done By The Forces Of Nature
10. Beeds On A String
11. Tribe Vibes
12. J Beez Comin' Through
13. Black Woman
14. In Dayz 2 Come
15. Doin' Our Own Dang
16. Kool Accordin' 2 A Jungle Brother


I wasn't able to get in here yesterday and share my thoughts, but happy belated Juneteenth! I felt like we were going through a phase where every other album was a heavy metal album. Now I feel like the same thing is happening with rap albums. That's definitely an improvement, in my opinion, as I much prefer this genre.

Apparently, nobody can put together a decent rap album without heavy uses of samples. That's okay, though, because the samples are used particularly well in this album. Of course, they were nowhere near as cheerful as De La Soul, but I enjoyed this one more.

Only one more album until we are done with the 80s!

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment