Wednesday, June 3, 2020

646. Spy vs. Spy: The Music of Ornette Coleman

Spy vs. Spy: The Music of Ornette Coleman
John Zorn
1989














Tracks
1. WRU
2. Chronology
3. Word For Bird
4. Good Old Days
5. Disguise
6. Enfant
7. Rejoicing
8. Blues Connotation
9. C And D
10. Chippie
11. Peace Warriors
12. Ecars
13. Feet Music
14. Broadway Blues
15. Space Church
16. Zig Zag
17. Mob Job


What happens when you combine jazz and punk? Nothing good, apparently, although I probably could have told you that before I listened to forty minutes of this headache inducing album.

This is one of those albums that I think is only present on this List because it fused some genres together that nobody else ever did (for good reason), so it is the only one of its kind. So Listmakers, you got me. I guess technically this is the best jazz punk album I've ever heard. 

Not every genre has to breed for Nayru's sake. The 80s and I might not be parting on the best terms.

RATING: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment