Saturday, June 27, 2020

670. Bossanova

Bossanova
Pixies
1990














Tracks
1. Cecilia Ann
2. Velouria
3. Is She Weird
4. All Over The World
5. Down To The Well
6. Blown Away
7. Stormy Weather
8. Rock Music
9. Allison
10. Ana
11. Dig For Fire
12. Happening
13. Hang Wire
14. Havalina


This isn't an opinion that often gets asked to the dance, but I actually liked this album better than the previous two Pixies albums. The individual tracks stood out to me on this album, with "Stormy Weather" and "Is She Weird" among my favorites.

I've heard this album described as less polished than their previous albums, but I don't think polish is necessarily such a good thing in music, particularly with the kind of music the Pixies play. 

After a somewhat shaky start, the 90s continue to impress. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment