Monday, June 29, 2020

672. Sex Packets

Sex Packets
Digital Underground
1990














Tracks
1. Humpty Dance
2. Way We Swing
3. Rhymin' On The Funk
4. New Jazz (One)
5. Underwater Rimes
6. Gutfest '89
7. Danger Zone
8. Freaks Of The Industry
9. Doowutchyalike
10. Packet Prelude
11. Sex Packets
12. Street Scene
13. Packet Man
14. Packet Reprise


So that was pretty strange. It began as pretty standard hip hop fare. I can have sex with any woman I want, don't try to match my rhymes, I swear my penis isn't that small, etc. Then we transition into this strange concept where you can buy sex packets, which are pills you can take to have sex with whoever is on the cover of the packet (which includes Black virgins, sisters, and Chinese girls). 

I guess it is meant to be a parody of all the hip hop songs that glorify selling drugs. I am not a huge fan of novelty albums; they tend to wear out their welcome pretty quickly, and this was over an hour. 

For that reason, I enjoyed the first half of the album more than the latter half. The first idiot that came up with the idea of having a woman moan in the background while they rapped about "hitting it" must have been enormously pleased with himself.

RATING: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment