Friday, August 31, 2012

276. Space Ritual

Space Ritual
Hawkwind
1973












Tracks
1. Earth Calling 
2. Born To Go 
3. Down Through The Night 
4. Awakening 
5. Lord Of Light 
6. Black Corridor 
7. Space Is Deep 
8. Electronic No 1 
9. Orgone Accumulator 
10. Upside Down 
11. Ten Seconds Of Forever 
12. Brainstorm 
13. Seven By Seven 
14. Sonic Attack 
15. Time We Left This World Today 
16. Master Of The Universe 
17. Welcome To The Future


Okay, who the hell was clamoring for "space rock"?  Honestly, I do not know a single person who has heard of this band let alone liked their music.  But on the plus side, this album is excruciatingly long!

Maybe I am being a bit too harsh; this certainly isn't the worst thing I have ever listened to. Still, it reminded me of Ross' sound from Friends. On a separate, less whiny note, I got stuck in traffic yesterday and if it wasn't for the music I acquired from this blog (such as The Carpenters, David Bowie, and David McLean) I would have suffered from extreme road rage. RATING: 1/5

2 comments:

  1. Now here is a surprise, Ray cropping up on this list.
    I am avoiding some unpleasant work, and, having run out of things to say on other posts, I thought I'd have a quick look at your music blog.
    You do know someone who knows of Hawkwind. You even know someone who has seen them live.
    I'm afraid I won't be following you on this .. Somehow disliking someone's favourite film is OK .. but music taste .. far too personal. Also far too 'generational' ..
    Not that I'm wild about Hawkwind . but having seen negative reactions to Fairport, Dylan and Leonard Cohen ...I will steer clear of making replies. Oh .. all that said, I saw you gave a good one to 'Hissing of summer lawns .. so not all bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well, thanks for at least giving this a try. Sorry if it has offended you! I had a feeling we would have different music taste.

      Delete