Monday, August 27, 2012

273. Aladdin Sane

Aladdin Sane
David Bowie
1973












Tracks
1. Watch That Man 
2. Aladdin Sane 
3. Drive In Saturday 
4. Panic In Detroit 
5. Cracked Actor 
6. Time 
7. Prettiest Star
8. Let's Spend The Night Together 
9. Jean Genie 
10. Lady Grinning Soul


This is the  third David Bowie on the list but you can see his influence is spreading to other artists during this time period.  Still, no one is as weird as Bowie is and you can definitely see that on this album.

In my opinion, this wasn't his best effort.  I simply thought it was rather...meh.  He is still be crazy and loud but it is simply not that impressive to be shocking.  I was hoping for more catchy songs (I did like "Jean Jeanie") but instead I just got loud, chaotic messes.  Oh well.  We have plenty more Bowie albums coming up.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment