Friday, August 3, 2012

258. The Slider

The Slider
T-Rex
1972

Tracks
1. Metal Guru
2. Mystic Lady
3. Rock On
4. Slider
5. Baby Boomerang
6. Spaceball Ricochet
7. Buick Mackane
8. Telegram Sam
9. Rabbit Fighter
10. Baby Strange
11. Ballrooms Of Mars
12. Chariot Choogle
13. Main Man



More glam rock, which is always slightly frightening.  Besides the ridiculous costumes, it makes me feel like they are trying to distract me from the fact that they may not be that talented.  However, I was pleasantly surprised with this album.


I gave the previous T-Rex album four stars but I am feeling a little less generous with this one.  It technically isn't worse; it is just more of the same.  Luckily for them, more of the same for this band is actually quite good, just not original.  I found myself singing along to a couple songs like "Metal Guru"; others got on my nerves like "Rock On".  Still a good album, but certainly not their best work and I am not really sure it deserves a place on the list.


RATING: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. I like a few of these tracks, as for the rest their sound just isn't very interesting here. Apparently the backing vocals were tacked on in another studio on a different continent. Electric Warrior is so much better than this, it's brilliant all the way through. Weak pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On second listen I've changed my mind. Still not as good as Electric Warrior, but the songs are mostly good though a bit repetitive at times. Overall it's a very good album.

    ReplyDelete