Wednesday, August 8, 2012

265. School's Out

School's Out
Alice Cooper (who, incidentally, is a guy)
1972

Tracks
1. School's Out 
2. Luney Tune 
3. Gutter Cat Vs. The Jets 
4. Street Fight 
5. Blue Turk 
6. My Stars 
7. Public Animal #9
8. Alma Mater 
9. Grande Finale


Oh my god.  I am so sick of books, movies, or albums that think that because they shock some people, that makes them works of art.  Well, newsflash: it does not take a lot of skill to surprise people.  All you have to do is take off your pants in a grocery line to get the desired reaction.  Does that make you an artist?  Absolutely not.

So since shock is the sole purpose of this album, I am not impressed.  This guy inspired Marilyn Manson.  Enough said.

I do, however, enjoy West Side Story and appreciated some of the references to it in track 3.  Still, I absolutely detest concept albums and every thing this guy is.  Just look at him:
RATING: 1/5

2 comments:

  1. Where on earth do you get the idea that shock is the sole purpose of this album?

    Is Alice known as a "Shock rocker"? Yes, but that doesn't make the sole object of his music "to shock".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the idea from the above picture and how outrageous the album is. I mean there is nothing essentially wrong with using shock value for your own gain; it's how he got attention and it is how he has remained popular.

      Also, i am not a total hater. I really like a few of his songs.

      Delete