Wednesday, August 29, 2012

275. Catch a Fire

Catch a Fire
Bob Marley and The Wailers
1973












Tracks
1. Concrete Jungle 
2. Slave Driver 
3. 400 Years 
4. Stop That Train 
5. Baby We've Got A Date (Rock It Baby)
6. Stir It Up 
7. Kinky Reggae 
8. No More Trouble 
9. Midnight Ravers


As I rapidly lose followers in all my blogs, I suppose the normal thing to do would be to strive harder for uniqueness and creativity.  However, the point of this blog is to do discuss music.  I will ask my few followers (you guys are really troopers) to comment more on the different albums to encourage discussion.  There, that's my effort.  Now to Bob Marley.

I think it is a rule that all high school boys like Bob Marley.  I actually think it would impossible for me to enter a high school and not see a Bob Marley tee-shirt.  I am pleased to announce that I already have three Marley songs on my iPod.  I think all the Shania Twain I have, though, kind of cancels that out.

Anyway, I would recommend this as a great conversation starter with men.  Actually, this is an untested theory, but I would imagine it would work well.  Anyway, this album is a lot of fun.  Bob Marley manages to have interesting political messages and be catchy.  Not an easy feat.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Did you and Brie get into a pillow fight over Pet Sounds?
    Catch a Fire is way cool sounding and has some pretty good songs. I can't wait to play this for someone who thinks they've heard all the good Bob Marley music because they've heard Legend, and that's probably a lot of people. Too bad about the smoking on the cover.

    ReplyDelete