Sunday, August 5, 2012

261. Greetings From L.A.

Greetings From L.A.
Tim Buckley
1972

Tracks
1. Move With Me
2. Get On Top
3. Sweet Surrender
4. Night Hawkin'
5. Devil Eyes
6. Hong Kong Bar
7. Make It Right



I am having a wonderful day off work; I am getting a lot done but still relaxing.  I also happen to be stuffing my face with Skittles right now which is always a guarantee for happiness.  


I am really struggling for something to write about this album.  I also happen to be listening to the next album on the list right now and Nick Drake is really distracting me.  Anyway, the book seemed to think that this album was just about the sexiest thing they have ever heard.  I think, though, that you make anything sound dirty you believe that it was meant to sound so.  I did not get that it was sexy at all; to me, it just sounded folksy and fun.  But what the hell do I know?  I never know when a guy is even flirting with me.  Probably because they never are, but I choosing to believe I am simply oblivious.

RATING: 3/5 

1 comment:

  1. Another terrific album from Tim Buckley, this time funky. I don't know how much he used these players before but they have a cohesive band sound, and well produced, very enjoyable. The book continues to impress me picking obscure albums which turn out to be great.

    ReplyDelete