Saturday, August 18, 2012

268. The World Is A Ghetto

The World Is A Ghetto
War
1972

















Tracks
1. Cisco Kid
2. Where Was You At
3. City, Country, City 
4. Four Cornered Room
5. World Is a Ghetto 
6. Beetles in the Bog 

I really had no idea what to expect with this album, mostly because I have never heard of the album or the band.  And honestly, I am pretty sure I will forget about this album rather quickly.  Another funk album that is against things that generally everyone is against (or at least will say they are against): war, poverty, and urban decay.

I felt the same way when I had to listen to album after album about how the Vietnam War was bad.  I am not saying that their opinions don't have merit; it just gets boring after awhile.  I suppose it would have been exciting if I was living in that era, but as a nineties baby, it is just redundant.

In any case, this album as a few catchy songs like "Cisco Kid" but overall it is just...meh.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment