Wednesday, August 15, 2012

267. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars
David Bowie
1972

Tracks
1. Five Years 
2. Soul Love 
3. Moonage Daydream 
4. Starman 
5. It Ain't Easy 
6. Lady Stardust
7. Star 
8. Hang on to Yourself 
9. Ziggy Stardust 
10. Suffragette City 
11. Rock & Roll Suicide 


I listened to about half of this album, stopped, and then didn't finish until five days later.  I don't know why it didn't interest me; I am usually quite the Bowie fan despite his weirdness.  Still, this this album was missing something that was definitely present in his other albums.

Don't get me wrong; this is not a bad album.  I guess David Bowie had got me expecting the best.  It is simply not as interesting or original as Hunky Dory was, though it was much rockier. Is that a term?

Anyway, check it out but don't expect to be wowed.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment