Thursday, August 23, 2012

271. Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd

Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd
Lynyrd Skynyrd
1973















Tracks
1. I Ain't The One 
2. Tuesday's Gone 
3. Gimme Three Steps 
4. Simple Man 
5. Things Goin' On 
6. Mississippi Kid 
7. Poison Whiskey 
8. Freebird


This has been a bit of a crazy day with my sister moving away (once again) and lots of ice cream to make up for it.  I started this album a couple days and haven't been able to get back into it until today.  Actually, correction: I am still not into it but I finished it at least.

So country rock is kicking off 1973 for us.  This is certainly an improvement from the bluegrass shit we have heard previously but I still am simply not a country fan.  That makes me biased when reviewing albums like this but screw it; it is my blog.

The most famous track, of course, is "Freebird" and they have a few other fairly decent songs here.  Still, I fundamentally don't like the genre.  If you do, go die in a hole.  Or just listen to this album.

RATING: 2/5

2 comments:

  1. As a personal pet peeve (and, because you do continue to use the word): the adjective is "biased". "Bias" is the descriptor of what a biased person possesses (similarly, for reasons unknown to me, the similar word "prejudiced" suffers the same confusion--that's the adjective, and "prejudice" is a noun).

    now, after that--this isn't country. This is southern rock, and the two are tangentially related at best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do realize it is country rock and not just country that is why is categorized as country rock haha. And no hard feelings about the nitpicking we all have our pet peeves sorry I committed one of yours. As I side note, thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I know you have an abhorrence for 1001 album blogs (particularly my girl Liz's) and I am flattered that you took the time to read it. Even if you don't like it.

      Delete