Sunday, February 12, 2012

171. Scott 4

Scott 4
Scott Walker
1969

Tracks
1. Seventh Seal
2. On Your Own Again
3. World's Strongest Man
4. Angels Of Ashes
5. Boy Child
6. Hero Of The War
7. Old Man's Back Again (Dedicated To The Neo Stalinist Regime)
8. Duchess
9. Get Behind Me
10. Rhymes Of Goodbye



I just realized how close we are to the end of the sixties.  I am really excited to start the seventies, mostly because I can barely name five artists from that decade.  I feel like this project keeps transforming itself into different, fun things.  I am pumped for the next phase!


So Scott is back from album 130 and has definitely improved.  I really liked his last album but this was just phenomenal.  It is a curious mix of sadness and celebration; I have rarely heard anything like it.  Scott Walker is a very talented singer and guitarist. After this album, Walker considered himself a failed musician and stopped writing songs.  Why did he have to stop while Frank Zappa keeps pumping out albums??  Life is so unfair.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. So much better than Scott 2. Instead of overwhelming the songs, the strings now enhance them. On "The Old Man's Back Again" they are even integral to making it a great song. And you get plenty of bass and other interesting sounds. Walker's singing is less theatrical this time, I find it just right.

    ReplyDelete