Monday, February 13, 2012

172. The Stooges

The Stooges
The Stooges
1969

Tracks
1. 1969
2. I Wanna Be Your Dog
3. We Will Fall
4. No Fun
5. Real Cool Time
6. Ann 
7. Not Right 
8. Little Doll



I gave all my blogs a makeover; I hope you enjoy it!  Also, check out the new label section to see the albums sorted by star rating, year, and genre.  I actually got a request by a reader to do that (honestly, I am not pathetically making that up!).


So, the Stooges!  Don't worry, I am not going to make any lame three Stooges jokes.  I really hate those guys.  Actually, I not only really hate them but I bet I would dislike their fans as well.  If you are reading this and are of fan of the three Stooges, please comment and we can sort out this dispute.


I am really having trouble getting to the point today.  This is another early punk album, very much like MC5.  I was prepared to write a rave, but then I listened to "We Will Fall".  I would have rather watched an episode of The Three Stooges.  The track was a ten minute long "song" that sounded like a druggy death march.  I watched a horrible, Czechoslovakian movie yesterday (I really have no life) called Alice that also played out like a bad acid trip and I am really sick of that kind of stupor being called art.


Anyway, the rest of the album was enjoyable, but I still must deduct a star for bad behavior.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a bridge between The Velvet Underground and punk, particularly "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "No Fun". Very good musicianship, especially the guitar player. The only thing is they sound a bit restrained. They seem to cut loose a bit more on the final two tracks of the album.

    ReplyDelete