Wednesday, February 15, 2012

1001 Sixties Awards

Good evening, ladies and germanies,


I am officially done with the sixties.  Before I started this journey, my mind would immediately turn to the sixties when I thought of a great era of music.  Of course, I didn't realize how little I actually knew and how much true beauty can be in a simple album.  I didn't know who Frank Zappa or the Creedence Clearwater Revival was and I couldn't relate to anyone who worshiped Jimi Hendrix.  I didn't know just how much music would evolve from Joan Baez and I thought Motown was a band.  In short, I was missing out on a lot of beauty, poetry, and truth.  I am going to pick out my favorite/least favorite bands or singers from this wonderful era.  Please comment (I don't mind an argument) and make up your own categories if you want.  Have fun!


BEST ALBUM: Chelsea Girl (you thought I would pick the Beatles, didn't you)

WORST ALBUM: Trout Mask Replica


BEST FEMALE SINGER: Nico



WORST FEMALE SINGER: Janice Joplin


BEST MALE SINGER: Nike Drake


WORST MALE SINGER: Frank Zappa


BEST SONG: "These Days" by Nico


BEST SONG WRITING: Alexander Spence


BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Tommy by The Who

1 comment:

  1. Best non-Beatles album: Forever Changes
    Worst album: Beach Samba
    Best female singer: Grace Slick
    Best male singer: Van Morrison
    Best song: "That's Not Me" from Pet Sounds
    Pleasant surprise: Laura Nyro.

    ReplyDelete