Tuesday, October 25, 2011

73. John Mayall's Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton

John Mayall's Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton
John Mayall's Bluesbreakers
1966

Tracks
1. All Your Love
2. Hideaway
3. Little Girl
4. Another Man
5. Double Crossin' Time
6. What'd I Say
7. Key To Love
8. Parchman Farm
9. Have You Heard
10. Rambling On My Mind
11. Stepping Out
12. It Ain't Right


Amanda: I skipped yesterday because I was having a really bad day and was afraid that this music would be really bad and fuel my bad mood.  I think that was a good move because this album wasn't great.  There is nothing outwardly wrong with it, but I just found it rather emotionless.  I think if you are listening to a blues album, you should really feel something, but I didn't for this one.  For instance, "Have You Heard" was eight minutes long and utterly boring.  Even the singer sounded bored.  It was a total yawn.  I also watched 8 1/2 today which was another complete bore.  Maybe I am just hard to please.

RATING:

Brie: Gasp! I agree with Amanda. Hehe. Yeah, Amanda, do we have impossibly high standards or something? Before everyone jumps down my throat: Yes, I understand that the guitar playing was incredible. I thought I loved the blues, but now I'm questioning everything I know... Maybe I am just too tired today and wasn't in the mood for Claptons extensive guitar jams, but I just wasn't feeling it. There is a lack of emotion, or personality, or... something. This is so disappointing because I had heard so many amazing things about Eric Clapton. I guess it just isn't for me.
RATING:

1 comment:

  1. Well played blues-rock, but didn't interest me much either. It's all a bit too obvious, it isn't edgy like 13th Floor Elevators for example. And the songs are nothing special either. "What'd I Say" got off to a good start until the silly drum solo that went too long, then they ripped off the riff from "Day Tripper". "Have You Heard" is good for the sax and guitar solos.

    ReplyDelete