Sunday, October 9, 2011

68. Midnight Ride

Midnight Ride
Paul Revere and The Raiders
1966













Tracks
1. Kicks
2. There's Always Tomorrow
3. Little Girl in the 4th Row
4. Ballad of a Useless Man
5. I'm Not Your Stepping Stone
6. There She Goes
7. All I Really Need Is You
8. Get It On
9. Louie, Go Home
10. Take a Look at Yourself
11. Melody for an Unknown Girl

Amanda: It has been an extremely long week and I am just ready to go to sleep and watch 12 Angry Men. 

I feel like all the albums we have been listening to lately have been poor imitations of
A. The Byrds
B. The Beach Boys
C. The Beatles


As I understand it, apparently this group was really "quirky" and a bit of a joke, actually.  This album was comprised of random songs with no real direction.  I kind of enjoyed them when I was listening to them, but now I can barely remember a single one of the tunes.  So overall really forgettable but not annoying.

RATING:

This blog just beat my movie blog numerically.  I knew this day would arrive...

Brie: You're right, Amanda, Midnight Ride was very forgettable. And they were a joke. I mean, they were known for performing in Revolutionary War costumes. I really liked their hit songs "Kicks", and "Louie, Go Home".  But that was pretty much it. I remember liking it while I was listening to it... but I have no recollection of anything else. :) By the way, who told these guys it was a good idea to play dress up on every television appearance? Obviously it wasn't very good for their careers.

RATING:

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the book's take: this was a really good band. Some of their songwriting could have been better, but overall, I like the album.

    ReplyDelete