Monday, January 11, 2016

408. Real Life

Real Life
Magazine
1978














Tracks
1. Definitive Gaze
2. My Tulpa
3. Shot By Both Sides
4. Recoil
5. Burst
6. Motorcade
7. The Great Beautician In The Sky
8. The Light Pours Out Of Me
9. Parade


Two announcements before I get started on this album.  Because I totally have a lot to say about it and am not stalling in the slightest.  First, this morning I found out that David Bowie has died.  He has really had a large impact on this blog; every time a Bowie album came along, I knew I was safe from awful music, at least for a little while.  Secondly, I haven't posted in awhile as I have been busy moving and getting surgery.  Now that the surgery is over and I can't get out of bed for eight weeks, I anticipate a lot of progress being made on this blog.  I am going to try to post once a day for awhile.  We will see how that goes.

Moving on to Real Life.  I will admit that I like post punk better than regular punk.  But I feel like post punk only has one sound.  All these songs sounded pretty identical to me.  But I am also on a ton of pain killers so who knows.  Maybe I was just listening to the same song on repeat.

See everyone tomorrow,  unless I am vomiting too much.

RATING: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. OK .. we are well into 'Never heard of them' territory.. Sorry.

    Yes, shock news this morning.

    And even more sorry to hear you are stuck in bed and not well. Well, I guess we could say good, you obviously had something wrong, that, I assume, is now dealt with.. but 8 weeks .. sounds grim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Most of this list is "Never Heard of Them" territory for me.

      Delete