Wednesday, January 27, 2016

415. Van Halen

Van Halen
Van Halen
1978














Tracks
1. Runnin' With The Devil
2. Eruption
3. You Really Got Me
4. Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love 
5. I'm The One 
6. Jamie's Cryin'
7. Atomic Punk 
8. Feel Your Love Tonight 
9. Little Dreamer
10. Ice Cream Man 
11. On Fire


I had heard Van Halen referenced many times before today but I don't know if I could have actually named one of their songs.  I have to say, I'm not sure I was missing much.

I guess the most striking part of this album is the guitar solos which were...at best, self indulgent.  I read a review by a fellow blogger who described the music as "just some guy wanking his guitar off."  Colorful and fairly accurate.

The best song on this album is definitely "You Got Me" but I found out that is a Kinks cover.  Not particularly impressive, but at least the album could be correctly identified as music.  Unfortunately, that makes it a stand out work on this List, at least recently.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment