Tuesday, January 26, 2016

414. Another Music In A Different Kitchen

Another Music In A Different Kitchen
Buzzcocks
1978















Tracks
1. Fast Cars 
2. No Reply 
3. You Tear Me Up 
4. Get On Our Own 
5. Love Battery 
6. Sixteen 
7. I Don't Mind 
8. Fiction Romance 
9. Autonomy 
10. I Need 
11. Moving Away From The Pulsebeat 


My, we are getting quite self aware with these album titles.  Also: Buzzcocks.  Teehee.

I suppose this qualifies as a punk album, but is nothing like the punk albums that I have been used to listening to.  They sounded a lot less angry and almost...sweet?  There was a sadness behind the lyrics that usually isn't present in punk.  In "I Don't Mind," they say "I used to bet that you didn't care/ But gambling never got me anywhere/ Each time I used to be so sure/ Something about you made me doubt you more."  That is shockingly sincere and sad.  I bet they wear turtlenecks in their free time.

And really, who can't relate to "Fiction Romance" where he talks about how real love is never like anything in fiction?  That should have been my jam in high school.  I also appreciated the talent behind the vocals.  Definitely an improvement from yesterday.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment