Friday, January 29, 2016

417. The Cars

The Cars
The Cars
1978














Tracks
1. Good Times Roll
2. My Best Friend's Girl
3. Just What I Needed
4. I'm In Touch With Your World
5. Don't Cha Stop
6. You're All I've Got Tonight
7. Bye Bye Love
8. Moving In Stereo
9. All Mixed Up


This is another band that I could not have picked from a line up.  Once I got into the album, I recognized quite a few songs.  I was actually just reviewing Fast Times at Ridgemont High on my film blog, which featured Phoebe Cates taking her shirt off to "Moving in Stereo".  At the very least, this album will bring back happy memories.

I also was familiar with "Good Times Roll."  It was nice to finally have some love songs on an album.  Normally, the songs on this List are about...well, I don't really know what the other songs are about.  Buildings and food, I guess.  The simplicity of a song about a friend dating your ex appealed me today for some reason.  Probably because I am still heavily medicated for pain.

It was also kind of fun that we weren't looking at a poster child for a specific genre.  The Cars manage to blend punk and rock well in this album.  Worth a listen.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment: