Sunday, January 24, 2016

412. Live and Dangerous

Live and Dangerous
Thin Lizzy
1978














Tracks
1. Jailbreak
2. Emerald
3. Southbound
4. Rosalie
5. Dancing in the Moonlight
6. Massacre 
7. Still in Love With You
8. Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed
9. Cowboy Song
10. The Boys are Back in Town 
11. Don't Believe a Word
12. Warriors
13. Are You Ready 
14. Suicide
15. Sha La La
16. Baby Drives Me Crazy
17. The Rocker


I fully expected to hate this, as I always seem to have to have my guard up with this List.  No, I don't think I'm being dramatic.  However, I can't stop listening to "Southbound" now, proving I'm one of those cool girls that listens to hard rock.

The first half of this album was definitely better than the second half, which seemed to transition into everyone's nightmare about what hard rock is.  Still, "The Boys are Back in Town" and "Southbound" actually a kind of sweet nostalgic feel about it.  I know this band would probably hate being called sweet so I will stop there.  Little darlings.

One of the better albums we have had lately and I am excited to discover more of Thin Lizzy's work, as I never heard of them before.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment