Monday, January 25, 2016

413. More Songs About Buildings and Food

More Souls About Buildings and Food
Talking Heads
1978














Tracks
1. Thank You For Sending Me An Angel 
2. With Our Love
3. Good Things 
4. Warning Sign 
5. Girls Want To Be With The Girls
6. Found A Job 
7. Artists Only
8. I'm Not In Love 
9. Stay Hungry 
10. Take Me To The River 
11. Big Country


I wasn't too impressed with the previous Talking Heads album on the List, which has probably transformed my head into a dartboard for many the music fan.  Yes, I am the center of their universes.  I wish that I could say I enjoyed this one more, but I can't.

I found the lyrics on this album to be quite strange.  For example, in "Girls Want To Be With The Girls" they say "Girls are getting into abstract analysis/ They want to be make an intuitive leap/They are making plans that have far reaching effects/And girls want to be with girls."  I'm sorry, what?  That sounded incredibly awkward.  Even the title is awkward.  Cut out the "the!"  I also found the accompanying instrumentals to be rather yawn worthy, even though the musicians were obviously skilled.

Overall, just a meh and certainly doesn't stand out for its lyrical quality.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment