Wednesday, December 23, 2015

407. Public Image

Public Image
Public Image Ltd.
1978















Tracks
1. Theme 
2. Religion 1 
3. Religion 2 
4. Annalisa 
5. Public Image 
6. Low Life
7. Attack 
8. Fodderstompf 


Is it odd that I enjoy punk a lot more than post punk?  Shouldn't post punk be an improvement?  I can't help feeling we are moving in the opposite direction.  Although considering the dip that music takes in the eighties, I suppose it is something I should get used to.

I guess I can't really claim that the Sex Pistols' lyrics were that much better than this.  At least that just felt like the band was telling us they were angry that they had no future.  I felt like Public Image was trying to teach me something.  The "Religion" tracks were all about how hypocritical organized religions are.  I am aware.  In fact, I think every is aware of that fact by high school.  It just sounded very juvenile to me.

Of course, in "Fodderstompf" they get this lyric in "We only wanted to finish the album with the minimum amount of effort which we are now doing very successfully."  I found this lyric to be very cowardly. If you are making something, you should stand by it.  I just think if you make something that someone doesn't like, your response shouldn't be "well, I really didn't try anyway."

RATING: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment