Saturday, January 16, 2016

409. Darkness on the Edge of Town

Darkness on the Edge of Town
Bruce Springsteen
1979














Tracks
1. Badlands
2. Adam Raised A Cain
3. Something In The Night
4. Candy's Room
5. Racing In The Street
6. Promised Land
7. Factory
8. Streets Of Fire
9. Prove It All Night
10. Darkness On The Edge Of Town


It seems that my eyes are a bit bigger than my frequently purged stomach and I was unable to start writing daily album posts.  I have been having trouble with my painkillers, as they make me too nauseated to do anything, even listen to late 70s rock music.  I am now taking less pain meds, which has significantly cut down on my vomit output.

I thought that Bruce Springsteen would be a bit hard for me to relate to, as I am not a working class man who just wants a nice car and a cold beer (although I do a great impression of one at cocktail parties).  However, I found the songs to be quite enjoyable and actual lyrical beauty.

I personally recommend "Streets of Fire" for anyone interested in exploring more Springsteen.  This is probably the first you are hearing of Bruce, but apparently he is a big deal.

RATING: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. His lyrics are beautiful. He is also great as a human being. One boy, fan of him, died just days before a concert in Majorca. There was a huge campaign on the social networks to make the Boss dedicate "The River" to him. He not only did so but had some moving words in Spanish toward the family. It was very touching. A big international star paying attention to a bunch of people in a remote island...

    In the meantime, other singers hit fans in the face. ¬¬

    ReplyDelete