Wednesday, November 30, 2011

84. Triangle

Triangle
The Beau Brummels
1967

Tracks
1. Are You Happy
2. Only Dreaming Now
3. Painter Of Women
4. The Keeper Of Time
5. It Won't Get Better
6. Nine Pound Hammer
7. Magic Hollow
8. And I've Seen Her
9. Triangle
10. The Wolf Of Velvet Fortune
11. Old Kentucky Home



Amanda:  As Liz Lemon would say: BLURGH!  This has been a totally blah day, one that puts you in a bad mood for no real reason.  Let me put it this way, the day was to the tune of "Monday, Monday" by the Mamas and the Papas.


I feel like a lot of the times the albums match my moods.  Freaky, I know.  This album was blah as well, just like my day.  "The Wolf of Velvet Fortune" was the only song I really enjoyed on this album.  I have never heard of this album or the group and no one I talked to have.  I will probably forget about it in like two days but for now, I give it two stars.


RATING: Stupid temperamental album system! **---


Brie: I apologize in advance for not having more to say about this album. It was blah, Amanda. Triangle peaked at #197 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart, however, the album is critically acclaimed. It is known as the Beau Brummels' strongest album, so obviously the rest of their music wasn't that great. It seems as if Amanda and I are thinking the exact same thing; "The Wolf of Velvet Fortune" was the only song I liked as well. It was very cool, but with a spooky vibe.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. I liked the songwriting and singing, though not enough to call this a classic album. I think it's an okay pick though. I found the cover of Merle Travis' "Nine Pound Hammer" quite well done.

    ReplyDelete