Friday, November 11, 2011

80. Buffalo Springfield Again

Buffalo Springfield Again
Buffalo Springfield
1967

Tracks
1. Mr Soul
2. Child's Claim To Fame
3. Everydays
4. Expecting To Fly
5. Bluebird
6. Hung Upside Down
7. Sad Memory
8. Good Time Boy
9. Rock 'n' Roll Woman
10. Broken Arrow


Amanda: I am really sleepy and want to finish Terms of Endearment so let's make this short and sweet!  First of all: 80!  I know that it is not really a milestone but I get excited about every multiple of ten.  This album was pretty odd but the recent albums we have been reviewing have all been weird so I wasn't surprised.  This album sounds like Simon and Garfunkel with just a hint of psychadelic rock.  I actually found it pretty calming but it was so subtle that it was just kind of background music.  It just didn't really capture the imagination that much.  I wouldn't recommend it, simply because it is pretty forgettable.  Much like this post.

RATING:

Brie: I've always loved Buffalo Springfield for their hit song "For What It's Worth". It's a shame that I have taken this long to further explore their work. I really, really liked this album. "Everydays", "Expecting To Fly", and "Bluebird" were pretty much a flawless stretch of songs. "Good Time Boy" and "Rock and Roll Woman" were rockin' little numbers. It's pretty amazing to see (or hear) Neil Young and Stephen Stills at this point in their careers. How many bands was Neil Young in, anyways? He gets around, and thank goodness for that. The man is a genius.

RATING:

I love this:

1 comment:

  1. "Bluebird", "Hung Upside Down" and "Rock And Roll Woman" just from Steven Stills, what a great songwriter.

    ReplyDelete