Wednesday, June 29, 2016

480. Penthouse and Pavement

Penthouse and Pavement
Heaven 17
1981















Tracks
1. We Don't Need This Fascist Groove Thing 
2. Penthouse And Pavement 
3. Play To Win 
4. Soul Warfare 
5. Geisha Boys And Temple Girls 
6. Let's All Make A Bomb 
7. Height Of The Fighting 
8. Song With No Name 
9. We're Going To Live For A Very Long Time


I have officially finished the 1001 movie list.  I think my rapid pace threw a lot of people off, but hey, that's what happens when you are recovering from my surgery.  At least, in my world.  Anyway, while I am still going to be updating my film blog with entries from other editions, my main focus will now be my music blog.  I am hoping to start updating this blog daily.  I am almost at the halfway mark, after all (I am becoming a milestone junkie).

I cringed when this album first started.  It was loud, in your face, and very jarring.  That might be appealing to some people, but to an old geezer like me, is rather off-putting.  However, I warmed up to this considerably.  I was even singing along to "We're Going To Live For A Very Long Time" (it's not hard to learn the words to that one).  I am not saying it was incredible.  In fact, it's probably one of those albums that is only on the List because of its influence and not its timelessness.  Still, I have certainly endured worst from this List.

Anyway, hopefully my declaration above will keep me coming back daily, for fear of public humiliation from going back on my word.  Come to think of it, though, public humiliation has never stopped me before...

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment