Thursday, June 2, 2016

472. Heartattack and Vine

Heartattack and Vine
Tom Waits
1980














Tracks
1. Heartattack And Vine
2. In Shades
3. Saving All My Love For You
4. Downtown
5. Jersey Girl
6. 'Til The Money Runs Out
7. On The Nickel
8. Mr. Siegal
9. Ruby's Arms


Wow has it really been nearly a month since I posted?  I apologize.  My 1001 movie blog is nearly finished and I have been spending most of my free writing time working on that.  That should be done within a few weeks or so.  Afterward, I will still contribute to my film blog but the album project will become my favorite child.  Until that day, let's sneak in some Tom Waits whenever we can.

I'm not sure I understood love at all before I listened to "Saving All My Love for You."  Maybe I will have figured it out by the next Tom Waits album.  I adore his voice; he would make every song sound powerful even if the lyrics were nonsensical.  Thankfully, the lyrics are brilliant here.  "Ruby's Arms" almost brought me to tears.

So a perfect album and warm welcome back after a nearly month long break.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment: